For in-depth information on our Returns Policy, please see the article below.
Bike Return Terms & Conditions
1. The Free 14-Day Bike Return is available on all bikes at Bicycles Online. The 14-day period commences from the date of delivery. Intention to return the bike within the parameters of the scheme must be notified by contacting us within 14 calendar days from the date of delivery.
2. Bikes can be unpacked and assembled for sizing and inspection purposes only. Bikes cannot be taken on test rides, where the bike can suffer wear and tear. Failing to reasonably comply with these terms, and returning bikes that are not in “as new” condition, will attract a minimum fee of $50, or potentially even void the right to refund.
If your bike was already damaged when you received it, please report the damage as soon as possible. Please take photos of the damage and email them to us via our contact form.
Bikes must be packaged safely in the same original packaging used to deliver the bike to you. This includes the packaging of the frame, wheels and components. Please retain packaging in the event of a return.
If the pick up is not successful because the item was not ready we are charged a re-booking fee. We can book another pick up on your behalf however we will need to pass on the additional fee to you. This may be deducted from your total refund.
Our repacking guide demonstrates how to securely pack the bike back up into our Bike Guard Box.
3. Damage caused from improper use, abuse of the policy or incorrect assembly - such as pedal threads being damaged, dirt on the tyres, scratches on the frame, or any other damages, will be charged at full retail rates.
4. Bicycles Online will organise a FREE pick up of the bike from your designated address in the event of a return. You will be required to be present on the scheduled day of the pick up in order to hand the bike to the courier.
5. If the bike incurs damage during the return transit due to inadequate packaging by the customer, Bicycles Online reserves the right to charge the customer the cost of replacement of the damaged part or component. Please check out our .
6. Refunds will be available once one of our mechanics has thoroughly inspected the bike that was returned to our warehouse. Please be aware this process can take up to 5 business days once the bike is received in our Sydney warehouse.
7. Refunds will be issued immediately after the bike has received the approval from our mechanics. Failing the inspection, customers will be contacted about the break of policy and fees. Bear in mind that some banks can take up to 10 business days to finalise the transaction after we issue the refund.
8. The refund for the bike does not include any shipping costs incurred during your original transaction. Return shipping within our 14-day policy is free of charge.
What if I want to keep my bike?
You do not need to do anything! Just keep on riding! Outside of the free 14 days return period, your bike is still covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
What if I received a damaged bike in transit?
In case you have received a bike that has been damaged in transit, please take photos of the damage and email them to us via our contacting form.
Do I get a refund for the initial shipping cost?
Whilst we are happy to pay for the return shipping, and pick up the bike free of charge, the initial shipping cost will not be refunded.
How is the bike being picked up from my address?
Bicycles Online will organise for your packaged bike to be picked up for free, we will work with you to arrange a date for the bike to be collected from your designated address. Make sure to be present at the scheduled date in order to hand the bike over to our courier. We recommend customers call our carrier Direct Freight on the morning of the pick up in order to get an estimated time of arrival.
What if I want to return my bike after the 14-day free return period?
Outside of the 14 day free bike return period, bicycles will only be accepted back within 30 days of purchase and only if they are new and unused.
Please contact us prior to returning a bike to ensure that we can advise you on the best and cheapest method of getting this resolved. After the 14 day bike return period, postage costs to return the bike are payable by the customer. On receipt and examination of the bike we will email you to advise of the refund procedure. Depending on your bank, refunds take up to 14 business days for the funds to be returned into your account.
What about my accessories?
Our normal returns policy applies to unused accessories. Please check our Returns Policy here.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds will be available once one of our mechanics has thoroughly inspected the bike that was returned to our warehouse. Please be aware this process can take up to 5 business days once the bike is received in our Sydney warehouse.
Refunds will be issued immediately after the bike has received the approval from our mechanics. Failing the inspection, customers will be contacted about the break of policy and fees.
The refund for the bike does not include any shipping costs incurred during your original transaction. Return shipping within our 14-day policy is free of charge. Bear in mind that some banks can take up to 10 business days to finalise the translation after we issue the refund.